Notes from Global Day of Coderetreat 2011 - Skopje (Macedonia)
You can find the original blog post here.
I want to share few thoughts about my experience facilitating the Global Day of Coderetreat event in Skopje (Macedonia) (photos available here).
What is Global Day of Coderetreat?
Global Day of Coderetreat is a world-wide event celebrating passion and software craftsmanship. Over 2200 passionate software developers in 90 cities around the world spend the day practicing the craft of software development using the Coderetreat format.
What went well?
- Skopje was a part of the Global Day of Coderetreat (Global Coderetreat map)
- Direct connect with the event in Barcelona (El Clásico discussion was fun! :) thanks to Jaume Jornet)
- 3 local sponsors (big thanks to: Siyelo, Atomidata and Ever-Near)
What could be improved?
- Attendance (there were only 3 pairs - 6 developers; +2 or just +1 pair could have made a big difference)
- Focus (we had only 4 good focused sessions practicing software design, and 2 freestyle sessions; with +1 pair it could have been better)
All in all, it was great experience for me organizing this Coderetreat event. I learned many new ideas about Software Design and Agile Coaching.
I want to say thanks to:
- Adrian Bolboaca for giving me the facilitator training session
- Jim Hurne for spending much of his time in the mailing list organizing different events
- Corey Haines for the idea and global organization
- Naum Kostovski for helping me organize the event
- All participants for participating
- Skopje Hacklab for logistics and space